Non-Invasive & Natural Back Pain Treatment
Dr. Fernandes has served her Algonquin community for years, and in that time she’s performed over 100,000 adjustments to treat back pain and related symptoms. If you’re currently struggling with this extremely common condition (estimates show about 8 out of 10 of us will experience at least one back pain episode in our lifetime), then we invite you to find out more about how we can help you.
Common Symptoms Associated with Back Pain
People who suffer from back pain often report a wide variety of symptoms. The pain itself may be described as achy, dull, throbbing, or sometimes even stabbing, shooting, or burning. Additional symptoms, which vary on a case by case basis, may include:
- Muscle tenderness and spasms
- Back stiffness
- Decreased mobility
- Decreased tolerance to standing or sitting, or pain that worsens with activity
- Numbness, tingling, and weakness in one or both legs (if nerve involvement occurs)
Causes of Back Pain
Despite how common back aches are, it’s not always entirely clear what’s causing it in each person. In these cases, the issue can be said to be idiopathic (no known cause); fortunately, even chiropractic care has been shown to help in these cases.
Of course, knowing the underlying cause and contributing factors will only help customize treatment options, so an accurate diagnosis is helpful whenever possible. The following diagnoses are some of the most common causes of back problems experienced by our patients here at Wellspring Chiropractic Acupuncture:
- Muscle strain or spasm
- Spinal ligament sprain
- Vertebral joint lock or misalignment
- Degenerative disc disease
- Disc herniation or bulge
- Sciatica, radiculopathy, or any other type of nerve impingement syndrome Stenosis (narrowing of the spinal canal)
As mentioned, most of us will experience back pain at least once in our lives, although some of us may be at a greater risk for developing it. This includes people who are overly sedentary, people who are overweight, people who smoke, and people who have physically demanding jobs.
How Chiropractic Care Can Help Offer Relief
Dr. Pam Fernandes treats back pain by addressing the symptoms and underlying causes. She may use any of the following treatments and techniques:
- Chiropractic spinal adjustments to realign the spine and relieve tension and pain signaling in the central nervous system
- Modalities like needle-less acupuncture therapy to provide natural pain relief, improved tissue healing, and increased circulation
Our Algonquin Chiropractor Can Offer You Natural Relief
Don’t live needlessly with dysfunction related to your back aches and pains. The chiropractor team here at Wellspring Chiropractic Acupuncture is committed to helping every person coming through our door find effective relief from their symptoms and an improvement in their overall well-being. To schedule your initial consultation with our Algonquin chiropractor, contact us now by calling (847) 669-6071.